- HELMET: Making a Kabuto (Japanese Samurai Helmet) with Kydex
- MASK: Making a Men Yoroi (Mempo) for a Japanese Armour
- SLEEVES:Making a Kote and Tekko (Armored Sleeves with upper and lower plates and hand plates)
- CUIRASS: Making a Japanese Do (harness or cuirass) in the lamellar style with kydex kozane plates
- SHOULDER SHIELD: Making a Japanese armor shoulder shield (Sode) in lamella kozane style
Developing a pattern for the top of the sode (shoulder shiled)
Japanese armor shows a large variety of shoulder shields. I decided to build my sode from kozane (lamellar plates) and decided for a style similar to what experts call Tôsei Sode. Even though I used kozane (plates) I needed to design a top plate which I intended to fix the lamella shield to. I wanted to top plate to be straight.
However, first of all, some bands of scales needed to be build.
The band of scales is coming into existence.
Bands of scales are now laced together to an entire shoulder shield.